Hair Care Guide
Your guide to long-lasting, beautiful hair extensions
Follow these essential tips if you want your hair extensions to retain their vibrancy, shine and fullness for 1-2 years. Most importantly, this guide holds the secret to keeping your natural hair healthy and damage-free.
TANGLE FREE (BRUSHING)
- Run your fingers between your hair extensions every day to keep them from tangling together.
- It is vital to be gentle with your hair extensions. While the extensions themselves will not harm your natural hair, rough handling could cause damage.
- Soft bristle or loop brushes are the best as they don’t pull on your natural hair.
- Always brush the ends of your extensions first, then work your way toward the bonds, brushing in a downward motion. BE GENTLE! Your hair will thank you.
- Always brush your hair before bedtime and first thing in the morning. Frequent brushing during the day will limit tangles and improve the appearance of your extensions. I always keep an extensions friendly brush in my purse.
- Gently lather together at the roots and throughout the extension’s (do not aggressively rub through extensions, unless needed from build-up). Rinse hair as usual.
- Wash every 2-3 days to extend the life of your extensions and to keep them looking fresh.
- Apply conditioner only on the ends of the hair. Gather your natural hair at the top and put a dab of conditioner on your natural hair at the ends.
- The look of your hair will be improved when blow-dried.
- Blowdrying also ensures your bonds are dry and sealed. 1-2 times per week is normal.
- Straighteners, curling irons and hot rollers can be used as normal, but be sure to avoid touching the bonds with extreme heat. This may cause the bonds to melt into your natural hair.
- It is best to tie your hair in a low ponytail for sleeping to prevent unnecessary pulling/tugging.
- Never sleep on wet hair! The number one cause of matting is allowing the bond area to remain damp in a pony tail (like after working out) or going to bed with wet hair.
- You will want to use a heat protectant spray if you heat style your extensions regularly. Using smoothing oil on the ends of the hair extensions will ensure they stay soft. You can use hairspray, leave-in spray conditioner, dry shampoo and so on.
- Tip: do not get any oil-based products on the root area as it may cause the extensions to slip out.
- Only use sulphate-free shampoo on your extensions and keep conditioner away from the root. Gather your hair into a low ponytail at the back of the neck, and condition from this area down. Keep products containing alcohol and slippery oily or wax away from the extension bonds.
- It is normal for your scalp to be itchy for the first 1 to 2 weeks. Your scalp is adjusting to more hair and may feel a bit dry at This will fade. It may take a couple of nights to get used to the feeling of the extensions.
- Maintenance appointments are crucial - going longer than the recommended time can cause tangling and damage to your natural hair. Your touch up/retightening appointment should be scheduled as follows:
- Thin or delicate hair: 6 to 8 weeks
- Average thickness hair every: 8 to 12 weeks
- Thick, dense, strong hair every: 8 to 12 weeks
- PROFESSIONAL REMOVAL ONLY! Never attempt to remove Nanos by yourself. You must go to an experienced technician for removal to ensure no damage is done.
CHLORINE AND SALT WATER
- Consistent exposure to salt water and chlorine can cause the bonds to breakdown and dry out the hair. After swimming, shampoo/condition and blow-dry the bonds to prevent any bond breakdown.
- It is totally normal to loose a few extensions through the term of your wear. Please just save them and bring them to your next maintenance appointment to be reinstalled.
OPTIMIZE HOW YOUR EXTENSIONS LOOK
RECOMMENDED PRODUCTS & INCREASING NATURAL HAIR HEALTH
- Use a dry shampoo at the roots in between (recommended: Verb dry shampoo - powder)
- Use a leave-in that is light in consistency and protects your hair from heat (recommend: Unite - 75 Seconds Detangler)
- Use an uncoloured argan oil on the ends of your extensions and apply a small amount on the ends of your natural hair at the top ). Remember to keep away from the bonds of your hair. (recommended: Unite -Argan Oil)
- Take biotin orally - this is one of the best things you can do to build up your hair through nutritional supplementation. Any brand from a health food store will
- Use a root powder to add volume without causing (recommended: Schwarzkopf - Powder Cloud)
- These hair extensions are such great quality that hairspray isn’t needed but feel free to use (Recommended: Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray / Strong Hold Redken Forceful 23)
DOWNLOAD OUR PDF HAIR CARE GUIDE HERE